To add any audiovisual content into your WordPress site post or page, you need to "embed" it. This counts for "video, images, tweets or audio".
"inserting the URL (code) of audiovisual content into a WordPress post or page."
WordPress 2.9 added this feature. Since then, you can embed any kind of audiovisual content into your website page or post. At the place of the insertion, the desired video displays, when viewed in the web browser.
Which services support embed technology?
Embedding can be used for many different services. You can use embedding for many different services. Such as inserting a YouTube Video or a Twitter profile. The following services support "embed technology":
YouTube: (videos) Facebook: (posts, activity, photos, videos, media, notes) DailyMotion: (videos) Instagram: (photo & video) Vine: (videos) Vimeo: (videos) TedX: (videos) Flickr: (pictures and videos) Kickstarter: (projects) Reddit: (posts and comments)
TIP: See the extensive entire list of supported services on WordPress.com
How to embed videos to WordPress
Inserting a video to WordPress in two ways:
1 Video link: Copy Paste the specific URL
First. The easiest way to add a video is to copy paste the video URL.
In this way you have limited control over the content:
1. Choose any Youtube video to embed. 2. Click Share and Copy the given video link. 3. Login to WordPress Dashboard and login. 4. Choose Posts or Pages. And Add New. 5. You will see a Visual and Text tab. Paste the link on Visual. 6. Either you see your video, or get a clickable link. Remove the link icon to make the link not clickable. The video will appear.
2 Embed code: Insert the specific HTML code
Second. How to embed video? Opt for "inserting an embed code". To have more control, embed your YouTube videos on WordPress. In this way, you can choose the size of the video or details about the appearance of the inserted element:
1. Choose any Youtube video to embed. 2. Under the video, click "Share". 3. Click "Embed". 4. Click "Show more". 5. Uncheck ‘Show suggested videos when the video finishes’. TIP: This allows your video to "go back to your thumbnail". You can also "turn the player controls on and off". Or "enable privacy enhanced mode". To control the information YouTube is collecting from your website visitors. 6. Copy the "HTML code" from the appearing box. 7. Login to WordPress Dashboard and log in. 8. Choose Posts or Pages. And Add New. 9. Paste" the HTML code" into the Text tab creates a box in the Visual tab. The video is now embedded in your WordPress post or page.
TIP: Inserting autoplay=1; (including the semicolon) between ‘?’ and ‘rel’ in the embed code. This allows the video to play as soon as the web page opens.
WordPress video: Examples to embed videos
See two examples of embedding videos into WordPress:
How to embed YouTube Video code into WordPress:
1. Open the YouTube Page with the selected video. 2. Click the "Share" button below. 3. Click "Embed". 4. Copy the displayed iframe code. 5. Login to WordPress, open the post or page where you want to paste the embed code. Switch to the "source code" view. At the top right of the editing field, select "Editor" and "HTML". 6. Find the place you want to insert the video and copy its iframe.
7. Switch back to the "Editor". The embedded video displays.
TIP: Incomplete after source code insertion? Some services appear as if the embedded object is incomplete. Save the post to review it again. The "wrong" view only occurs in the Editor. Web visitors do not experience problems.
How to embed Facebook Video code into WordPress:
1. Log in to the Facebook profile TIP: You need to login to the generated code. 2. Click on the arrow in the top right corner, on the selected post (text, photo or video). 3. Go to the menu, where you click on "Paste to Site" or "Embed". 4. In the popup window, you'll see a code. Copy paste this code into the source code of your WordPress post or page. (See: step 5-7 at YouTube). 5. In Facebook, click on the link "Advanced Settings". A new tab opens. Here you can "set the width, the label and comments".
TIP: Insert third-party content into WordPress.
Embed content ("Embed, iframe"). Copy paste it into your WordPress site.
Read more about WordPress video. Not yet WordPress? Buy your WordPress package at ACTIVE 24. Questions? Ask our Customer Service Department.